Thursday, April 17, 2008

Changing your password on Linux

I found this helpful tutorial on techie buzz which explains how you can change your password:
http://techie-buzz.com/linux-tips/change-your-passwords-in-linux-how-to.html

For more information on how to change your password check out the passwd man page Also there is a post on The Linux Blog about how to change your password with other methods that may be easier then the command line. You can check it out here: Linux Change Password

One thing that I have noticed while trying to optimize this blog is that Google seems to do search results for its blog search in order of date posted. I don't think that this is the best way a blog search should work. For example, when I searched for Linux Change Password in blog posts on the blog search page I got the techie buzz page that I just stumbled across. Then, when I scroll down I find the linux blog's post which was made in December 2007. I don't have much doubt that when this post gets indexed with the Linux Change Password keywords The Linux Blog's will be dropped from the search results page and be no more. I see this as a problem because if a topic is hot it should not be based upon how old it is, but how good it is. I believe that the Linux Blog's tutorial is a bit more in depth and had more thought put into it then the techie buzz one but they are both great tutorials.
Anyhow, hope your enjoying my twisted take on SEO and Linux technologies in this craptastic blog!

No comments: